Saturday, March 24, 2007

happy birthday to me!

Kinda late, I know, but hey, it's still March! Oh yeah, and my birthday is on the 22nd of March.
And so here goes : HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!
For those who is still in the blue, I am 22 this year.

For the last 21 years, when 22nd March arrived, I was always eager to remind Abah of my birthday. Every single year. Abah, like any other men, tends to forget those kind of dates. When informed, Abah would buy a cake (if he was around) or he would give a call to wish me when he wasn't around. That call alone would bring a smile upon my face for the rest of the day.
This year... it is different. Because Abah is not around, nor he will ever be. And I, am left to reflect upon those moment when a single call on the 22nd of March would mean a lot to me. It didn't matter that he never did remember the date. It was the thoughts that count.
And yeah, I miss him... a lot...

3 comments:

  1. happy [belated] birthday!! another day older, another day of lessons from the school of hard knocks, and therefore another day wiser hopefully, heehehee :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy belated birthday umi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynne:Thanx. Hopefully...hehehe...

    Adiba: Tq adiba!

    ReplyDelete

Words could heal... or it could hurt or maybe, it won't bring any difference. Either way, just type away!