Wednesday, January 28, 2009

he's just not that into me?

Dear Greg & Liz,

Reading through your book, I could not help but to cringe and bite my nails at the words written. Part of the reaction was because I feel like I could relate to almost all that you wrote and part of it was because... I don't think I could stomach the truth, all of it. The points you presented at the end of every chapter... well, lets just say that you could not make it anymore plainer than that. And truth, it slaps me right in the face until my eyeball starts to roll backward. Time to smell the bad news indeed.

Here are some points to ponder...

Chapter 1:
  • If you can find him, then he can find you. If he wants to find you, he will.
  • Men don't forget how much they like you. So put down the phone.
I realized that you are talking in a different context; about women making the first move in starting a relationship. While I am already in a relationship, I believe the points are applicable to me as well. Why, you may ask. The reason is simply because I feel like I'm being forgotten. And that makes me think that maybe he's just not that into me. Anymore.

Chapter 2:
  • If he's not calling you, it's because you're not on his mind
  • If he creates expectations for you, and then doesn't follow through on little things, he will do the same for big things. Be aware of this and realize that he's okay with disappointing you.
  • Don't be with someone who doesn't do what they say they're going to do.
  • "Busy" is another word for "a**h***". "A**h***" is another word for the guy you're dating.
Ouch, Greg! That's a little harsh, don't you think? If he's busy, then he is busy. Work is work is work, you know. For most men, I think, when work is on their mind, the women in their lives will always take the backseat. They have commitment and dedication. Work comes first, all the time. Work doesn't throw tantrums, work doesn't need that special affection, work doesn't have PMS, work doesn't need assuring words. See? Work is important, Greg.

As of now, I only managed until the second chapter. I don't even know if I want to read the book until the end. Do I really need any more pointers that scream "He's. Just. Not. That. Into. You!" to my face? No, thank you. I think for now, I'll play along and keep myself busy with work. Wait. I have a life, too! Oh damn! Now only I came to realize it?

P/S: I may not be as hot and as pretty, but I damn well deserves better!

Cheers, Greg & Liz!

XOXO,

Ummi



Wani, the movie will be out soon in February. Wanna go catch it together? There's Ben Affleck, Drew Barrymore and Scarlet Johansson in the movie. Yuck, I know, but for some laugh, perhaps?

3 comments:

  1. are you going to pay for everything? if so, then count me in! you know, don't you, that i won't pay a cent to watch that no-talent, 2-sizes-smaller bra-wearer.

    i can't believe you read that horseshit. ever since that greg behrendt appeared on oprah, i knew then and there that he was up to no good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wani: that is why i only read the first 2 chapters. i've watched the trailer of the movie... and now i don't know if i *really* wanna watch the movie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, very interesting blog. I see some of your points, and they make sense. I had not known that there were responses to the book on this blog. I recently just posted one myself. If you would like to see it, check it on www.thankstogregandliz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Words could heal... or it could hurt or maybe, it won't bring any difference. Either way, just type away!