Friday, December 28, 2012

even tooth fairy can't do this

Last few days had been an agony for me. A tooth of mine was practically killing me. Nay, it's not toothache, to be exact. It's more of a tooth sensitivity which had been bothering me since forever. But the last two days, it had become so painfully intense that I was reduced to tears like a little baby girl.

Painkillers didn't help much. Yea, I downed some in desperation, but they worked only for a couple of hours and then I am back to my writhing and sobbing.

Even Hubster was helpless in this kind of situation. Bless him, though, for trying his best to lessen the pain.

And so yesterday evening, Hubster came home from work early and he said "Jom, klinik." Inwardly, I shuddered. Dentist. Gah! Hell, no! Hubster saying that was like "Jom, kita bungee jump dari SkyBridge KLCC." And in case you don't know, I am terrified of heights. Terrified. Yes. Seriously. I was seriously considered to stay writhing than see a dentist.

But of course, Hubster won't have any of that.

And so off we go to the dentist.

And to make the story short, I got a tooth pulled out. From the point where the dentist stuck his evil needle in my mouth to the point where my tooth got extracted by the mean-looking tool, it took less than 10 minutes. Unbelievable. I didn't even have the chance to go "I'm gonna die. I'm gonna die. I'm gonna die."

It was totally unlike what I had to go through last year. 5 times! 5 times I had to bear the needle last year. My tooth broke halfway, and the root had to be extracted separately. It was pure torture, I tell you. I never ever wanna go back there. Ever.

Thankfully, this dentist I went to was all cool and swift. He said "Tak sampai 5 minit pun!" when it came down to pulling the tooth out. He made good on his promise. Actually, it was around 2 minutes only. Phew.

Yes, I have irrational fear towards dentist. Don't judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words could heal... or it could hurt or maybe, it won't bring any difference. Either way, just type away!