Monday, January 05, 2015

wake up call

Early December 2014, I went for a check up with the O&G at PPUKM. And I received what I called the biggest wake up call ever in my life.

I was diagnosed with PCOS. Simply put, PCOS is a hormone-related problem (out-of-balance hormones). PCOS affects fertility, which means it will be harder for PCOS women to get pregnant. Not impossible, just a little bit more difficult than other normal women.

The doc gave me until March to lose some serious weight. Or I will have some other more serious problem in the future (which includes the probability of getting ovarian cancer). Even if I got pregnant with my current condition, it will be considered a high-risk pregnancy, the doc told me. I can get diabetes, high blood pressure or worse, heart attack. The risk of me getting a miscarriage is also high.

Truthfully, it was like a slap to my face. And my heart did break a little. And there's no one to be blamed except for myself.

Ah well... life has to go on anyway. I'm determined to change my way of life now. Eat and live healthily. Drink more water. All that jazz.

Let's see what 2015 will bring for me.

2 comments:

Words could heal... or it could hurt or maybe, it won't bring any difference. Either way, just type away!