5 things British tourists complain about while on holiday
- A tourist staying at an African game lodge who saw a visibly aroused elephant complained that the sight of the beast ruined his honeymoon by making him feel "inadequate".
- A woman threatened to call police after complaining that she'd been locked in by staff. She mistook the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the back of the door as a warning to remain in the room.
- One tourist was unhappy that the sand he saw on the beach was "not like the sand in the brochure". The beach shown in the brochure had yellow sand, but the tourist said his beach had white sand.
- An enquiry from a prospective client: "The brochure stated: 'No hairdressers at the accommodation'
. We're trainee hairdressers - will we be OK staying here?"
- A tourist was upset that while it took "us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England, it took the Americans only three hours to get home".
Compiled from a recent report published by The Association for British Travel Agents (ABTA) and Thomas Cook on some of the most ridiculous complaints travel agents receive from holidaymakers.
P/S: I like #1 and #2