Tuesday, July 21, 2009

merlin's beard!

Okay, I'll be honest. I did not enjoy the new installment of Harry Potter. I was squirming in my seat after about an hour, which is really not a good sign. I love the books, I adore the casts but I just could not stomach the movie. I heard/read some reviews raving about the movie. I thought it will be good. Well, I was disappointed.

We are seeing things at different perspectives, perhaps. But Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was a major disappointment for me. The title of the movie did not even suit the movie itself. Maybe for the next time, I should lower my expectation? Oh well. There were some good points in the movie, though. Some light moments. And some really good acting.

Good points:
  • The effects and the visuals were top-notch. Amazing stuff.
  • Helen McCrory as Narcissa Malfoy, Draco Malfoy's mother. She made an impact with her realistic portrayal of a mother in dilemma over her son's fate. Even for a short scene time.
  • Tom Felton as Draco Malfoy. No one could ever portray Draco the way Felton did it.
  • Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix Lestrange. She was awesome! I just love her.
  • Fenrir Greyback. He should've been given more scene time along with Narcissa and Bellatrix.
  • Sectumsepra
Not-so-good points:
  • The Death Eaters hardly had any lines! They are too cool to be left out.
  • The Lavender - Won-Won thing. Bleargh!
  • Not once in the movie that the origin of Tom Riddle was told as in the book. That supposed to be one of the highlights in the movie, in my honest opinion.
  • The movie is Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince. Again, who? Are you sure it's not Harry Potter and the Trophy-Collecting Professor?
  • "I am the half-blood prince!" Lame lame lame lame lame lame lame.
  • There was supposed to be a commotion after Snape killed Dumbledore. I was expecting some serious action involving the Death Eaters and the Order.
  • 2 and 1/2 hours of nothing sort of memorable enough. Should I say more?
I hate David Yates. Period.

My rating: 2 1/2 out 5 stars. So, no, I won't go back to the cinema to watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words could heal... or it could hurt or maybe, it won't bring any difference. Either way, just type away!