Friday, March 18, 2011

say "hi" to your water

Every single day, we're exposed to new things around us. Whether it's an idea, a creation, a word, a thought or anything at all, we're always exposed to something new. I found out through my mother and sisters recently that you can actually to water. Now isn't that intriguing? I was so intrigued, I had to google about it. Google is, after all, a man's best friend.



The theory, or should I say the idea, came from a Japanese author and entrepreneur, Masaru Emoto. According to Emoto, molecular structure of the water will change according to the words or thoughts directed to the water itself. Negative words/thoughts will produce "ugly" molecular structure and positive words/thoughts will result in "good" water. In a way, you can actually "talk and drink" your way to health. Fascinating, no?

Maybe that is why it is good to say selawat ke atas Rasul before you drink. You can actually sing to the water, do you know that? Well, don't  do it while you're having a drink at mamak, though, or your friends and the mamak will think you're crazy.

So far, there's nothing concrete yet about this theory. They (scientists) call it pseudoscience. I don't know... maybe Emoto is just fooling around to sell his water products. A Brent Atwater wrote an article about talking to water. She even went to say that you can even talk your cells back to health. Well, I don't know if that's all hogwash or what.

I talked to my water this morning, anyway. Yes, I'm crazy that way, but hey, it won't hurt to try, no? I told the water to be nice to me and make my skin looks like Korean celebrities. Hey, a girl gotta do what a girl gotta do. Maybe you should try to sing to your water?

2 comments:

  1. A good info here.

    Well, maybe I can try that later on!


    Thanks Ummi for sharing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ila: No problemo. Forgot to add that they call this water therapy. It's quite popular nowadays.

    ReplyDelete

Words could heal... or it could hurt or maybe, it won't bring any difference. Either way, just type away!