Thursday, April 21, 2011

day 03 - all good things come in multiple numbers

Wow, day three? I must be stoned enough to reach this level.

Kidding.

Okay, let's see what we have for day three. On your mark, get set, go!

Day 03 - Your favorite series

Honestly, I'm torn. Torn between Stephanie Laurens' Bastion Club series and Susan Elizabeth Phillips' Chicago Stars series. Well, they're not really series because of the book in the series is about different people. But hey, they're in the same... uh, series. After deliberating for some time, I've decided to go with the series which I reread each and every one of the book more than three times.



 

Obviously, Susan Elizabeth Phillips' Chicago Stars series.

Comprising of seven books, the Chicago Stars series tell the stories about different players from the Chicago Stars Football Club. No, it's not about the sport itself. But rather about their love story. Romance, obviously, my friends. All the men in this series are your typical built, suave, handsome and rich. I won't say perfect because each of them has their own issue to deal with.

The Chicago Stars series is your ultimate chick lit indulgence. You've got the boy-meets-girl, the wooing part, the sex (but of course), the fight, the tug-of-war, battle-of-the sexes and last but not least, the expected happy ending. What's not to love, eh? You've got all the ingredients of a great contemporary romance series. Happy books, I call them.

There are, of course, some hits and misses but overall, I love the series as a whole. I adore most of the characters though they can be quite frustrating at times. I'm planning to collect all the books in the series, by the way. Sadly, BookXcess doesn't have all the books. And to buy it from the likes of MPH or Popular or Kinokuya... I'll go bankrupt. But... we'll see. We'll just wait and see. And Natural Born Charmer is missing from my keepsake. Someone's gonna lose a finger.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Words could heal... or it could hurt or maybe, it won't bring any difference. Either way, just type away!