Friday, April 22, 2011

day 04 - the one that charmed its way in

And so we arrived at day four. I should give myself a pat on my back because I made it this far. It's not easy, yo, when you're addicted to Twitter and you have to spend your time here. But hey, this is books we're talking about. I'm not going to make any excuse whatsoever. Well, maybe not this time.

Day 04 - Favorite book of your favorite series

Yesterday, I told you about the series I love and adore so much. So today, gotta pick one book I love the most out of all the seven books featured in the series. This is the book:


The final book in the series, Natural Born Charmer.

Natural Born Charmer is about one of Chicago Stars' prolific quarterbacks, Dean Robillard. He is the luckiest man in the world with his movie-star good looks, his success on the field and of course, he is super rich. He drives an Aston Martin Vanquish, if I may add. But life in the glory lane has started to pale, and Dean has set off on a trip to figure out what's gone wrong. When he hits a lonely stretch of Colorado highway, he spies something that will shake up his gilded life in ways he can't imagine. A young woman . . . dressed in a beaver suit. Complete with the tail.

Ladies and gentlemen, meet Blue Bailey, a beaver on a mission. Okay, no, not a beaver. She's Dean's love interest. And her life is complicated enough to have a gorgeous sports car driving Greek god stepping into it. Together, they head over to his under-renovation summer house. Only to get their lives tangled with a charismatic but aging rock star; a beautiful, fifty-two-year-old woman trying to make peace with her rock and roll past; an eleven-year-old who desperately needs a family; and a bitter old woman who hates them all.

As I mentioned before, the books in the Chicago Stars series are my happy books. And this book is no exception. In fact, this book is my ultimate happy book. Here's my take on the book on Goodreads:
Could a book makes you deliriously happy? I mean, really. But then, this book did it for me. I grin like a fool after reading this book. I feel deliriously happy, it was ridiculous. After all, it is just a book. Not just any book, though. It's the latest one from the Chicago Stars series. And I love every single second of it! I really do. It makes me sigh with longing to have what Blue and Dean have with each other. Pathetic, I know. But the book did that to me. Better than fairy tale.
I guess that sums up why I love this book so much. It's sad, though, that this is the last book in the Chicago Stars series. I was kinda hoping that there will be more of it. But alas, as a perfect ending, Natural Born Charmer is just... perfect.


P/S: There won't be any entry for the weekends, so I'll see you next Monday, okay? By the way, the KL International Book Fair will start today. Who's going? I know I am.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Words could heal... or it could hurt or maybe, it won't bring any difference. Either way, just type away!